CARE is seeking an Emergency Response Program Manager, who will be responsible for leading CARE’s remotely-managed emergency programming in South Syria – programs currently focused on shelter, WASH, and non-food items. S/He will be based in Amman and will report to the Deputy Director of Programs. Under the guidance of the Deputy Director of Programs, the ER Program Manager will represent CARE with relevant program stakeholders in the region; ensure that CARE’s core values are promoted; and that the emergency response program is principled and compliant.
The Emergency Response Program Manager will lead the implementation of the program strategy to ensure CARE’s intervention is timely, effective and relevant to the range of needs. S/he will manage the response team, providing training, mentoring and capacity building for CARE staff and potentially for partner agencies as well.
The Program Manager will coordinate closely with CARE’s monitoring and evaluation team to ensure ongoing program monitoring and documentation, and will contribute to report writing and program/proposal development as needed.
The Program Manager will work closely with CARE’s other Program Managers to ensure strategic integration where possible. S/He will cooperate with key programme support functions including Finance, HR, Administration, Logistics and Procurement and will be responsible for donor coordination, program development, and reporting.
CARE places high value on ensuring the specific needs of women, men, boys and girls are met, through a gender sensitive approach that seeks transformative outcomes.
- Program Design and Implementation
- Information and Coordination
- Assessments and Learning
- Staff Management and Capacity Building
- Emergency Response/Staff Security
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Social Science, Public Administration, Business Administration, Developmental Studies)
- 5 - 7 years of experience in program management in a development/humanitarian setting
- Strong team lead with experience in capacity building and training
- Understanding of the key strategies and principles of emergency programming and in coordinated response in emergency settings
- Experience working with and supporting implementing partners
- Excellent coordination and communication skills