1. Coordinate the budget process and elaborate cash flows needed
2. Prepare and integrate information needed for a good accountability within the organization
3. Lead the decision-making process about major purchases, ensuring compliance with relevant policies and procedures
4. Approves expenses within his/her assigned level
5. Ensure the achievement of financial expectations/requirements from multi-lateral donors, including reports, transfers, audits, etc.
6. Develop and implement standard operating policies and procedures to ensure compliance with HFH global policies and local laws.
7. Ensure all proper control procedures are implemented.
8. Ensure that audit recommendations have been implemented.
9. Promote and support departmental teamwork at the Puerto Rico LLC office.
10. Develop/adapt trainings plans for special projects in streamlining their overall financial management
11. Manages procurement and inventory procedures; Insure procedures are implemented and followed.
12. Properly manage all grant reporting functions.
13. Key strategist with other senior leaders.
Minimum work experience-
• 5 years of management/finance experience, strong grant accounting and reporting skills preferred.
• 3 years’ experience in international accounting
Skills, Competencies, and Experience –
• Experience in writing policies and procedures and process evaluation and documentation
• Strong in preparing and analyzing fund accounting cash flows.
• A demonstrated knowledge of finance, fund accounting and internal controls
• Strong grant accounting and reporting skills.
• Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Strong analytical skills. Ability to work and interpret numbers, figures and other financial information.
• Strong Communication skills – both oral and written.
• Ability to work in cross-cultural environments.
• Ability to work as a team member.
• Fluency in English and Spanish.