Job Title Finance, Logistics and HR Coordinator
Organisation Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe e.V. / Johanniter International Assistance
Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe e.V. (www.thejohanniter.org) is a German Christian non-governmental organisation, dedicated to excellence in the field of first aid, ambulance service, social service programmes and other projects in the medical and social field. The Federal Headquarters are based in Berlin, Germany. Johanniter International Assistance is the operational unit for humanitarian aid, development co-operation and emergency relief, implementing and supporting mostly health projects worldwide.
As Johanniter we are committed to safeguarding those who are in contact with our organisation and to exemplifying the highest standards of ethical behavior regardless of the race, creed or nationality.
Job Location Beira, Mozambique
Closing Date Application Monday, April 22, 2019
Interviews are scheduled ASAP
Johanniter International Assistance responds to the humanitarian emergency resulting from tropical cyclone IDA that made landfall in Mozambique on March 14th, 2019. While medical and WASH emergency response measures are underway, Johanniter is planning to remain active and support the region in mid-terms recovery activities.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Overall job purpose
Coordination of all financial, logistic and HR administrative processes of Johanniter project activities in Mozambique and possibly Zimbabwe in close collaboration with the Head of Mission.
Reporting to: Head of Mission (first level supervisor)
Head of Africa Desk (next level supervisor)
Supervising: national staff
Receives technical advice from: Global Support Unit (GSU), HQ finance, logistics and HR desks
Gives technical advice to: ./.
Standing in for: Head of Mission
Represented by: Head of Mission
- Assure Johanniter’s financial procedures are in compliance with government and donor financial obligatory law and regulations
- Filing documents, allocation of expenditures, vouchers registration, balance checking
- Monthly field accounts and timely preparation of financial reports for donors and headquarters (BVAs, monthly closing, bank transfers, cash requests, travel claims) in compliance with donor and Johanniter procedures
- Management of bank accounts, money transfers and maintain good cash flow in compliance with guidelines of donors and Johanniter
- Supervision of payment orders and improvement of payment procedures
- Organising and coordination of internal or external audits and ensure relevant recommendations from audits are being implemented
- Taking measures for cost controlling in consultation with the Head of Mission
- Report immediately if any irregularity (fraud, cheating, etc.) noticed
- Prepare overhead and project budgets, budget revisions and extensions in compliance with financial guidelines of donors and Johanniter
- Monitor budgets, give relevant advice concerning financial matters and inform Head of Mission, GSU and HQ desk officer regularly on financial status
- Verify and support partner organisations with financial reporting
- Assure compliance with Johanniter’s procurement procedures, government obligatory regulations and donor guidelines. Assure all supporting documents are available.
- Procurement: management of procurement processes and adherence to Johanniter and donor rules and regulations; management of emergency stocks; inspection of quality of received goods; provision of list/database of pre-approved suppliers
- Shipping (Supply Chain): organize exemption letters, assure tracking of procurement and post-delivery inspection; provide waybills, assure sending of items to / receiving from field
- Storage/Warehousing: check quality and reinforce stock management systems, procedures & routines controls and reporting on diesel consumption for generators, vehicles, motorbikes; stock management of drugs and other supplies.
- Fleet management/transport: management of vehicle use and servicing; provide incident/accident reports, assess vehicle documents & roadworthiness of cars; train drivers
- Maintenance: maintain vehicle, generator and residences / field offices
- Equipment: monitor and regularly inspect asset/inventory register; ensure asset repair; train staff on use of assets/equipment
- Communication: monitor internet provision; explore needs and costs of security communication; IT
- Coordinate the planning, recruitment, selection, briefing/debriefing and well-being of all national staff including related administrative processes
- Draft contractual HR engagements after consultation with a local solicitor and the Head of Mission
- Ensure timely and correct payment of national staff according to national labour law and Johanniter guidelines, including timely payment of Staff Social Security, income tax or other taxes as required by labour law.
- Maintain systematic HR databases and filing systems (incl. staff lists, leave register, etc).
- Trace execution of performance appraisals of all national staff
- Set-up up and implement a systematic system for learning and development for national staff
- Coordination of disciplinary procedures ensuring legal compliance and clear documentation
- Ensure implementation and maintenance of a transparent and fair compensation package for nationals staff
- Supervise and train the team national staff (periodic staff appraisals, regular meetings, capacity building etc)
- Provide HR guidance and consultative support to the Head of Mission.
- Ensure compliance with and follow-up changes of rules and regulations in national law for the employment of national staff and up-date Johanniter National Staff Guideline in line with national and Johanniter regulations and CHS recommendations
- Follow-up on visa and work-permits for expats
- Coordinate planning of annual leave and R&R of expats and national staff
- Draft and follow-up any contractual engagement (rental, vehicles, MoUs, Registration, etc) in consultation with the Head of Mission
- Set-up and maintain a systematic hard and soft copy filing system for all administrative matters
- Assist the Head of Mission in security management
- Represent Johanniter in relevant forums and networks
- Regularly coordinate all above mentioned aspects with the Head of Mission, GSU and the Desk Officer and Controller in Berlin
- Assist the country office team in translating guidelines and templates
- Support Head of Mission in all other tasks.
University Degree in Business Administration / Accountancy or equivalent degree OR relevant work experience in similar position
- At least 3 years of experience in accounting, financial management, logistics and HR procedures in the field of humanitarian aid / development cooperation
- Experience in working with public donors
- Ability to write reports and procedure manuals
- Working experience in Southern Africa is a plus
- Financial Management
- Proficient user of accountancy and financial software
- Excellent reporting and computer skills
- Fluency in English and Portuguese with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of German is a plus
- HR management skills
- Cultural sensitivity and team competence
- Sense of delegation and commitment to local capacity building
Terms and Conditions
Start date: asap
Contract duration: definite contract for 6 months (with possible extension)
Remuneration: Between 41.112 and 43.272 € annual gross salary (according to Johanniter AVR DWBO Annex Johanniter internal tariff and depending on relevant previous working experience).
Benefits: - social security provisions (lump sum 375 € per month) (for expats not falling under so under social security)
- international insurance package
- 29 days annual paid leave
- yearly home flight (for contracts > 1 year)
- Per diems (for international postings) for days in project country (currently 31 € per day)
Please note that this position is unaccompanied.
Contact and application
Applications for this position (including a cover letter, CV, reference contacts of three former supervisors as well as job certificates in case available) should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “FINCO MOZ” in the subject line of email and mention your earliest date of availability. Closing date for applications: ASAP. Interviews are scheduled for ASAP.
Please be advised, that due to the urgency of the situation, we will start short-listing as soon as applications come in. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.