The German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)-funded health project with a running time of 31 months is implemented by Johanniter in close cooperation with the Ministry of Health.
· Introduction of a mutual health insurance
· Carrying out various construction measures and equipping health care facilities
· Establishment and introduction of a central pharmacy
· Carrying out various training courses for medical staff
The aim of the project is to contribute to the sustainable functionality of the health care system in the two health zones of Masisi and Mweso, Nord-Kivu, DR Congo.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Overall job purpose
Working directly under the responsibility of the Medical Projects Coordinator, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination and implementation of the project “Nachhaltige Verbesserung des Gesundheitsdienstes und der Gesundheit der Bevölkerung in den Gesundheitszonen Masisi und Mweso, Nord-Kivu, DR Kongo” (“Amélioration durable du service de santé et de la santé de la population dans les zones de santé de Masisi et Mweso, Nord-Kivu, RD Congo”).
Reporting to: Medical Projects Coordinator DRC (first line supervisor)
Country Director DRC (second line supervisor)
Receives technical advice from: Medical Projects Coordinator DRC
- Coordination and implementation of the above-mentioned project
- Responsible for meeting project objectives and budget monitoring
- Oversee the donor compliance and ensure requested documentation
- Recruit and supervise national staff in the field in collaboration with the Medical Projects Coordinator / HR & Admin Coordinator/ Logistics Coordinator
- Capacity building of local partner organisations and project related staff
- Reporting regularly to the Medical Projects Coordinator and ensuring high-quality reporting on time.
- Support management of the field bases (teams, resources, assets & equipment, supervision of finance, administration, logistics, etc.)
- Support the CD in security management
- Represent Johanniter International when liaising with local authorities and partners, in coordinating with other NGOs, International Organisations, donors, etc.
- Support media and press work in accordance with CD and Johanniter spokesperson at JUH-HQ Berlin
Professional Qualification and Experience:
The Project Coordinator needs to hold a BSc or MSc degree in a relevant field (preferably public health/rural development…) or a comparable education and/or experience
- At least 3 years of experience in project coordination and implementation in a humanitarian context/international development
- Familiar in BMZ donor regulations including, reporting (narrative and financial) and managing of donor funds (BMZ)
- Experience in capacity building
- Experience in working with international and national partners, donors, health and other authorities
- Experience working in an insecure context
- Previous working experience in the region of African Great Lakes desirable
- Experience in the introduction and implementation of a public health insurance system (“Mutuelle de santé”) would be a strong asset.
- Strong management, project planning and organizational skills
- Strong analytical, written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work in a remote location in an unstable security environment;
- Cultural sensitivity and team competence;
- Sense of delegation and commitment to local capacity building;
- Common sense and being proactive;
- A high degree of team spirit, flexibility and physical resilience are required
- Skills in French and English essential. German and Kiswahili would be an asset.
Frequent travels to project sites are part of the job
Terms and Conditions
Start date: asap
Contract duration: Definite contract for 12 months (with possible extension)
Remuneration: Between 39.727€ and 41.818 € annual gross salary (according to Johanniter AVR-J internal tariff and depending on relevant previous working experience).
Benefits: - Social security provisions (lump sum 375 € per month) (for expats not falling
under social security)
- special annual payment (13th month salary)
- International insurance package
- 29 days annual paid leave plus additional R&R regulations
- Yearly home flight (for contracts > 1 year)
- Per diems (for international postings) for days in project country (currently 56 €
Please note that this position is unaccompanied.
Job Location North-Kivu/ DR Congo (75% Nyamitaba/Masisi; 25% Goma)
Please be advised, that due to the urgency of the situation, we might start short-listing even before the end of the deadline.