Medical Teams International is building it's Humanitarian Response Roster and is currently seeking to add qaulified consultants in the following role:
Position Title: Field Coordinator
Department: Humanitarian Response Team
Reports To: Humanitarian Response Team Leader or respective Country Director
Time Commitment: 1 month minimum
The Field Coordinator will report to the Humanitarian Assessment and Response Team Leader or Country Director for the management of humanitarian response related activities during a humanitarian response deployment.
Medical Teams International provides medical and dental care, humanitarian assistance, and holistic development programs to all people in need around the world, regardless of religion, nationality, sex, or race. Ahead of emergencies, we also mobilize long-term health promotion initiatives, collaborating with established partners within each community to ensure that our programs have a sustainable impact.
Medical Teams International’s humanitarian response activities are designed to provide rapid and coordinated emergency response to the most vulnerable populations during and after a humanitarian emergency. Through partnerships with local health organizations, we provide emergency medical care, transitional health, and community programming for impacted communities, from emergency relief to development, saving lives and improving quality of care. MTI’s humanitarian response interventions include health, nutrition, and WASH.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent MTI in the field location and liaise with local and national authorities, UN, NGO, and donor agencies to promote MTI’s programs, facilitate successful coordination of activities and ensure transparency and accountability to all stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities for MTI to have a leadership role within the field humanitarian community, particularly regarding health related activities.
- Establish and maintain field offices, ensuring that all departments (HR, finance, IT, communications, programs, and logistics) are properly established and functioning well.
- Stay alert to humanitarian needs in the field location, and develop and new for interventions if applicable.
- Provide management inputs and assistance to programs in the field with particular reference to financial management and reporting systems.
- Oversee field operations and reporting, ensuring compliance with MTI policies and procedures, donor regulations and local laws.
- Monitor and report on all field program activities and progress to the HART Leader.
- Oversee preparation of staff work plans.
- Ensure that protection and gender mainstreaming is effectively incorporated into all aspects of MTI’s field work.
- Ensure that the field program progress is effectively monitored through regular data collection and analysis of key indicators and ensure that processes and results are properly documented.
- Strengthen the capacity of field staff.
- Provide budget control and financial oversight of field program.
- Monitor field security level and remain engaged with the Team Leader and MTI HQ on safety and security issues.
- Ensure Incident Report Forms are completed and submitted to the Team Leader and MTI HQ in a timely manner.
- Ensure all field personnel are given a security briefing, and required documentation upon arrival into the field location.
- Ensure compliance with global and country specific security protocols and policies, and recommend changes if required.
- Committed to the values and principles of MTI.
- Relevant post-graduate degree.
- At least five years relevant humanitarian management experience.
- Experience managing DFID, OFDA, BPRM, UNHCR, and UNICEF funded projects.
- Exceptionally good communication and people skills. Excellent writer, articulate, good networker, able to negotiate between the different stakeholders and to represent MTI at high level forums.
- Proven analytical and strategic planning skills.
- Ability to design, roll out and maintain monitoring & evaluation tools and frameworks.
- Proven ability to work in insecure or hardship environments.
- Experience managing, mentoring, and developing capacity of national personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to work well as part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team.