Medical Teams International is building it's Humanitarian Response Roster and is currently seeking to add qaulified consultants in the following role:
Position Title: Logistics Coordinator
Department: Humanitarian Response Team
Reports To: Humanitarian Response Team Leader
Time Commitment: 1 month minimum
Position Summary: The Logistics Coordinator will report to the Humanitarian Response Team Leader for the management and delivery of all logistics related activities during a humanitarian response deployment.
Medical Teams International provides medical and dental care, humanitarian assistance, and holistic development programs to all people in need around the world, regardless of religion, nationality, sex, or race. Ahead of emergencies, we also mobilize long-term health promotion initiatives, collaborating with established partners within each community to ensure that our programs have a sustainable impact.
Medical Teams International’s humanitarian response activities are designed to provide rapid and coordinated emergency response to the most vulnerable populations during and after a humanitarian emergency. Through partnerships with local health organizations, we provide emergency medical care, transitional health, and community programming for impacted communities, from emergency relief to development, saving lives and improving quality of care. MTI’s humanitarian response interventions include health, nutrition, and WASH.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and support supply chain systems including timely local procurement (often within a limited local market), road transportation (at times in insecure and challenging environments), warehousing and distribution plans.
- Implement suitable systems for quality and quantity control of supplies, including cold chain management, if required.
- Perform fleet management (vehicles and generators) with particular attention to timely planning of maintenance, repairs, and fuel supply.
- Ensure asset records and tracking systems are in place at all operational sites.
- Ensure compliance and adherence to MTI logistics policies, donor regulations, and local laws.
- Ensure timely reporting in accordance with reporting requirements.
- Manage and build capacity of logistics team members (international and local personnel).
- Engage with other mission and humanitarian response staff, external contractors and organizations verbally and in writing.
- Provide planning support and advice to those making a procurement request, then process and manage the procurement process (either locally or internationally) in accordance with MTI policies and procedures in a transparent, accountable, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Track supplies, equipment, and material in transit through initial receipt, storage, distribution, and receipt at intended final location. Ensure all program staff are kept informed of relevant pipeline information.
- Monitor the quantity and quality of commodities stored. Carry our regular commodity physical checks and inventory of the MTI warehouse.
- Ensure that all equipment (communications, safety, household and office items) are complete and serviceable.
- Act as a focal point with the Logistics Cluster and work closely with Cluster stakeholders to coordinate the mobilization and use of logistics assets by other agencies and consolidate information on what relief items are available and what is arriving in the country.
- Be flexible and manage own time; be prepared to tackle other tasks commensurate with role, and level of experience, on short notice.
- Committed to the values and principles of MTI.
- Two years’ experience in emergency logistics (procurement, tendering, contracting, clearance, transport, warehousing, asset management).
- Demonstrated understanding of donor specific logistics procedures and grant requirements.
- Relevant academic study, such as completion of the Certification in Humanitarian Logistics.
- Experience supporting management of budgets and the ability to provide input to timely, complete and accurate reports.
- Proven ability to work in insecure or hardship environments.
- Experience managing, mentoring, and developing capacity of national personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to work well as a part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team.