Medical Teams International is building it's Humanitarian Response Roster and is currently seeking to add qaulified consultants in the following role:
Position Title: Program Support Officer
Department: Humanitarian Response Team
Reports To: Humanitarian Response Team Leader or respective Country Director
Time Commitment: 1 month minimum
Position Summary: The Program Support Officer will report to the Humanitarian Response Team Leader or Country Director (CD) for program support of humanitarian response related activities during a humanitarian response deployment.
Medical Teams International provides medical and dental care, humanitarian assistance, and holistic development programs to all people in need around the world, regardless of religion, nationality, sex, or race. Ahead of emergencies, we also mobilize long-term health promotion initiatives, collaborating with established partners within each community to ensure that our programs have a sustainable impact.
Medical Teams International’s humanitarian response activities are designed to provide rapid and coordinated emergency response to the most vulnerable populations during and after a humanitarian emergency. Through partnerships with local health organizations, we provide emergency medical care, transitional health, and community programming for impacted communities, from emergency relief to development, saving lives and improving quality of care. MTI’s humanitarian response interventions include health, nutrition, and WASH.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the preparations of grant proposals for programs for both the immediate emergency and for the successful transition of MTI’s humanitarian programs to early recovery.
- As directed by the CD, represent MTI and liaise with local and national authorities, UN, NGO, and donor agencies to promote MTI’s programs, facilitate successful coordination of activities and ensure transparency and accountability to all stakeholders.
- Attend relevant coordination cluster meetings, reporting on MTI activities, recording important information for the CD, and networking with key stakeholders and maintaining MTI on appropriate contact lists.
- Provide information to the CD on Identified opportunities for MTI to have a leadership role within the humanitarian community, particularly regarding public health related activities.
- Stay alert to humanitarian needs in-country, and assist with the development of and submissions of new proposals for interventions.
- Assist where necessary with program operations and reporting, ensuring compliance with MTI policies and procedures, donor regulations and local laws.
- Provide support and assistance to programs with particular reference to financial management and reporting systems.
- Provide support with monitoring and report on all program activities and progress to MTI HQ and donors.
- MPH or other relevant post-graduate degree.
- At least two years relevant humanitarian and health program management experience.
- Experience working with DFID, OFDA, BPRM, UNHCR, and UNICEF funded projects.
- Exceptionally good communication and people skills. Excellent writer, articulate, good networker, able to negotiate between the different stakeholders and to represent MTI at high level forums.
- Proven analytical and strategic planning skills.
- Ability to design, roll out and maintain monitoring & evaluation tools and frameworks.
- Proven ability to work in insecure or hardship environments.
- Experience managing, mentoring, and developing capacity of national personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to work well as part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team.