Within the framework of the action of Médicos del Mundo in South Sudan, he/she will ensure the identification and implementation of projects and consortiums in the country, as well as the search for funding. The Country coordinator will be responsible for all country programs, including coordinating and managing the human and material resources.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION
The person will be based in Juba with frequent trips to Bor (Jonglei district) and the rest of the country.
Hierarchical supervisor is the Coordinator of the Emergency Unit at Headquarters.
Representation, communication and positioning:
· Represent and maintain contact with the authorities of the country, other NGO’s, agencies and international and national organizations, donors and authorities.
· Represent Médicos del Mundo before organizations and international financing entities (WHO, UNICEF, ECHO, OCHA) public institutions (Ministry of Health), ONGD, and other agents, ensuring that our actions are consistent with the policies, mission, principles and ethical values of the Médicos del Mundo.
· Negotiate collaboration agreements and agreements between local authorities and Médicos del Mundo and with other agency and /or associated actors.
· Promote and participate in the coordination meetings of Health with other humanitarian actors in the country.
· Assume the position of spokesperson for Médicos del Mundo in the country, for external communication, agreeing contents and positioning with the central headquarters.
· Analyze, identify, and mitigate the possible financial and programmatic risks related to the country mission.
Defining and planning of the action of Médicos del Mundo in South Sudan
• Implement the lines of intervention of Médicos del Mundo and design of the framework document Country- South Sudan is adapting it to the variability of the organization.
• Identify operational problems and risks adapting the structure and making it flexible according to specific needs.
• Guarantee the adequacy, implementation and management (planning, evaluation of the action) of the projects of Médicos del Mundo in the activity areas.
• Coordinate the preparation and delivery of the monitoring and final reports required by financial entities, as well as the internal reports of Médicos del Mundo.
• Supervise the good execution of current projects by coordinating with assigned project coordinators, ensuring compliance and achievement of the objectives and results of all the projects and consortia of Médicos del Mundo in South Sudan.
• Support and supervise the project coordination and its teams to ensure the correct planning, developing monitoring and evaluation of the activities of all projects developed by MdM Spain in South Sudan, as well as the monitoring of the indicators according to the planning through monthly project review meetings.
• Oversee the coordination level staff and provide support as needed
• Ensure regular coordination team meetings
• Help guide the coordination level staff through objective setting and regular check-ins to meet program goals
• Ensure compliance with the internal rules of the organization in terms of security measures with special emphasis on extraordinary measures implemented in a complex crisis
• Contribute to the updating and revision of security rules at regular intervals
• Liase with security forums in country to ensure an up-to-date understanding of the political climate and security risks
• Perform active and permanent monitoring of possible emergencies in the country by participating in the national monitoring groups.
• Support and coordinate with the Humanitarian Action Unit in the coordination of the strategic response to emergencies.
Academic: Preferably, undergraduate degree in Health Sciences or Economics, Social Science.
Complementary: Complementary training (accredited courses, master’s degree) of Humanitarian Action and/or Public Health will be evaluated.
Language requirements: English. The knowledge of Spanish will be valued.
Computer requirements: Office Package and internet.
At least 5 years of professional experience in the sector, having previously held similar positions preferably in the field of humanitarian action in complex crisis environments. Previous experience in public health projects will be valued, as well as experience in conservation of multi-stakeholder alliances and institutional dialogue.
- Orientation to results
- Flexibility and adaptation to change
- Relational capacity and communication
- Problem resolution
Contract length: Immediate availability. 6 months (with the possibility of extension)
Medicos del Mundo’s Salary charts