Responsible for the management of the Medical Health Care activities and supervision of the MDM programs ensuring the quality of the services - Represent MDM in all health cluster meetings and other stakeholders.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION:
The successful candidate will be based in Dohuk, Northern Iraq (Kurdistan Iraq), travelling frequently to other bases in the region.
The successful candidate will be part of the mission team and will report to the NES Field Coordinator, he/she will have direct technical link with Medical Coordinator in Amman.
Technical supervision of national medical staff, included Medical Supervisors, Medical Officers and Medical Trainers in Dohuk and NES area
Provide technical advices on recruitment of any medical staff, local and expatriate.
Ensure the proper management of the staff under his/ her supervision according to MdM vision, policies and values.
Identify priorities for capacity building trainings and facilitate internal trainings on-job for the medical teams and support staff
Holding technical meetings, briefings and debriefings with the medical teams
Participating to the development of the general strategy on MdM activities with the NES Area Coordinator
Participates in the development of concept notes and proposals for funding with a very quick turnaround times
Planning and implementation of the project activities
Ensure activities are implemented and carryout as a part of the global framework
Ensure and oversee quality of the activities in the programs. Analysis of medical data received weekly from Medical Supervisors and sharing with the mission and HQs
Ensure quality Medical Health Care and follow up of protocols according to internationally accepted MdM standards, including control of communicable diseases and rational use of antibiotics
Participate in health assessments if needed
Contributes with the Country Coordinator to review and or develop programme strategies and policy documents for the expansion of MDM mission
Represents Médicos del Mundo for all medical related issues and keeps in touch with officials in mission country, other NGOs, national and international organisations, donors, civil and military authorities.
Develops and maintains positive relationships with all relevant stakeholders in country
Coordinates medical activities with other NGOs and partners in the same area of intervention
Communicating with donors and head office upon request by NES Area Coordinator
Management of medical stock and logistic chain for medical purchase:
Participate in collaboration with logistician of the medicine and medical supply order
Technical validation of medical purchases
Ensure the well management and store of the MDM Pharmacy in collaboration with Logistician
Academic: Medical Doctor University Degree or Registered Nurse
Desirable: Master in International Cooperation and/or Humanitarian Aid//Public Health Studies
· Language requirements: High level of spoken and written English. Valuable: Arabish or Kurdish
· Computer requirements: Office pack user level.
The successful candidate must have:
· At least 3 years’ experience in similar positions.
· Previous experience in emergencies contexts
· Team coordination experience
· Previous experience in armed conflicts and/or Middle East region
· Demonstrable experience in Security management
-Thoroughness and self-sufficiency at work.
- Strong communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills with experience in managing a diverse team of local employees
- Stress management
- Willing and able to work productively in a challenging environment
- Cultural awareness and adaptability
- Good team work and networking skills
- Strict compliance with the safety protocols established for the country and MdM mission
- Alignment with principles and ethics of Medicos del Mundo
To join inmediately
Contract length: 3 months (with possibility to extension)
Medicos del Mundo’s Salary charts