Responsible for the management of the Medical Health Care activities and supervision of the MDM programs ensuring the quality of the services delivered by MDM medical teams.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION:
The successful candidate will be based 75% Juba - 25% in Bor (Jonglei State).
The successful candidate will be part of the mission coordination team and will report to the Country Coordinator. He/she will have direct technical link with Medical Coordinator in HQs Madrid.
• To participate to the development of the general strategy on MdM activities with the Coordination team
• To support the Health Project Coordinator in Bor (Jonglei Sate) to develop the health strategy of the ongoing projects
• To ensure that different components of the ongoing projects in Jonglei State are consistent and in link with medical needs and standards.
• To develop and implement evaluation systems, supervise and monitor data collection processes, and analyse the medical data on a regular basis and set up corrective measures in case of need in coordination with the Country Coordinator
• To validate and implement medical activities (training of doctors, training on health education, capacity building on reporting, pharmacy management etc...)
• To support with medical technical inputs for the opening of new programs
• To support team with methodology on health needs assessment and on monitoring of health activities.
• To support development of MdM country advocacy strategy with technical advises on Health to ensure relevance of health messages on national & international levels.
2. Coordination and representation:
• To participate in health clusters in Juba
• To ensure coordination with health stakeholders and medical actors
• To support the Country Coordinator/coordination team in evaluation of needs and of requests of partners
• Provide regular reporting on health, activities to line manager upon solicitation (coordination meeting, workshop meeting, etc.)
• Contribute to donor reports and proposals, monthly situation report (SITREP), as well as the Medical Quarterly Reports, by providing relevant data, analysis, and technical inputs related to health activities (consolidation of information from mobile teams and partners)
• Provide the desk officer with a mission report and/or handover document at the end of contract.
Academic background: Medical Doctor University Degree or Registered Nurse or Registered Midwife
- Master in International Cooperation and/or Humanitarian Aid
- Public Health Studies
•Language requirements: English: fluent speaking and writing.
•Computer requirements: Fair knowledge of Windows environment (MS Word, MS Excel, PPT)
• At least 3 years’ field experience in similar positions.
• Previous experience in emergencies contexts
• Knowledge of public health issues
• Experience as international team manager
• Experience in hard negotiations with local authorities, partners and staff
• Ability to have a global overview of a program (not only on medical plan)
• Excellent planning, managerial and coordination skills
• Strong communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills with experience in managing diverse teams
• Willing and able to work productively in a challenging environment
• Cultural awareness and adaptability
• Good team work and networking skills
• Strict compliance with the safety protocols established for the country and MdM mission
• Alignment with principles and ethics of Medicos del Mundo
• Ability to take quick decisions according to the context in coordination with the team