Responsible for the medical management of MDM Projects in Bor (Jonglei State, South Sudan)
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION:
The successful candidate will be based in Bor (Jonglei State).
The successful candidate will be part of the team in Bor and will report to the Base & Projects Coordinator based in Bor.
He/she will have direct technical link with the Country Medical Coordinator based in Juba.
- Medical management of MdM projects in Bor County (Jonglei State) including interventions in the Hospital and Primary Health Care facilities
- In charge of local MdM medical staff in Bor. Recruitment and selection of medical and paramedic staff when needed
- Coordination, supervision and monitoring of MdM implementing local partners activities in Bor.
- Responsible for the medical sections of MdM monthly report, as well as Donor reports
Preparation of new possible interventions:
- Identification, collection and report to the Country Medical Coordinator the epidemiological data in Bor County and provide an analysis of the morbidity and mortality in the areas of intervention.
- In Coordination with the Country Medical Coordination, conduct health needs assessments in Bor areas for new possible interventions and participation in context analysis.
- Responsible for identification and updating program needs (alert in case of outbreak)
- Contribute to the design of new projects and proposal formulation
- Contribute with the rest of the team in new proposals writing to Donors
- Contribute to develop and implement MEAL systems in the project´s framework
- Coordinate with the Health Authorities and Local partners the daily planning and implementation of the Projects and ensures periodic meetings and monitoring activities with them: Jonglei State Health Ministry, Bor County Health Department, Bor Hospital…
- Participate actively in Health and Nutrition Clusters in Bor
Academic background: Medical Doctor University Degree or Registered Nurse or Registered Midwife
- Master in International Cooperation and/or Humanitarian Aid
- Public Health Studies
•Language requirements: English: fluent speaking and writing.
•Computer requirements: Fair knowledge of Windows environment (MS Word, MS Excel, PPT)
• At least 3 years’ field experience in similar positions.
• Previous experience in emergencies contexts
• Knowledge of public health issues
• Experience as international team manager
• Experience in hard negotiations with local authorities, partners and staff
• Ability to have a global overview of a program (not only on medical plan)
• Excellent planning, managerial and coordination skills
• Strong communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills with experience in managing diverse teams
• Stress management
• Willing and able to work productively in a challenging environment
• Cultural awareness and adaptability
• Good team work and networking skills
• Strict compliance with the safety protocols established for the country and MdM mission
• Alignment with principles and ethics of Medicos del Mundo
• Ability to take quick decisions according to the context in coordination with the team