To give administrative, logistic and operational support to projects currently implemented in NES. To maintain smooth relationship and coordination with KRI mission in Dohuk and Erbil, and with Syria coordination and Regional office in Amman. To coordinate all tasks and work with NES team.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION
The successful candidate will be based in Dohuk, Iraqi Kurdistan.
The successful candidate will be part of the mission team and will report to the Logistics Coordinator.
? To plan vehicle movements in coordination with NES and KRI team and driver/purchaser follow up.
? To organise and follow up the arrivals and departures of MDM staff with Madrid, the Regional Office in Amman, the Syria coordination in Amman, NES and the Iraq mission.
? To check that communication and security procedures are followed correctly.
Logistics management of the premises:
? To follow up the consumption of car fuel.
? To check cleanliness of premises and cook/cleaner tasks and work.
Maintenance of MDM’s premises and follow up
? To ensure the maintenance of all MDM project premises and to check on the general state of facilities (walls, roofs, electrical installations, water supply and quality, Internet connection…).
? To follow up ADSL, Korek, FastLink scratch cards use.
? To check the conformity of security norms in MDM premises (smoke detectors and fire extinguishers).
Maintenance of MDM’s equipment
? To make and to update inventories of investments in equipment related to energy, IT and communication.
? To update monthly physical inventory for furniture (office and GH).
? Manages the IT and communication material (physical inventories, re-allocation of equipment). Follow up with Erbil logistics the use and proper operation of communication devices lent to Erbil office.
- To carry out local purchases following MDM standards rules and procedures. To make and follow up logistic purchase files for his sector of activity, to follow up the entire process (Mission Request, Quotation Request, Purchase order, etc), until reception and payment (and donation if needed).
- To check, to prepare and to follow up all documents to facilitate to JCC for international order importation.
- To coordinate the JCC submitting process with KRI team.
- To prepare, to submit and to follow up all docs for Peshkabour/Semelka border crossing.
- To look after all equipment provided
- To ensure correct use of all material
- To coordinate all activity for the team under his/her responsibility
- Organise weekly meeting on ongoing activity
- To form and to give support to his/her team
- To watch over the strict application of the security rules by his/her team.
- To follow the work schedule of his/her team
- To follow up contracts deadlines.
- To participate to INGO’s, LogCluster, INSO meetings.
- To prepare and send monthly sitrep to HQ
Money administration and security
• To guarantee that money administration procedures are followed
• To ensure the management of coordination cash boxes in different currencies (following up advances and maintaining the advances register and bank account/ check, expenditure conciliations, etc.).
• To prepare SAPP and all subsequent documentation each month and to send them to AdminCo NES.
• To follow up suppliers payments (city energy, city water, car fuel, GH rent), to proceed to payment and to prepare payment docs (transfer order letter, checks).
• To pay per diem and security envelopes according to the rules. (even if mainly it’s done by Amuda)
• To follow up bank accounts and cash movements.
Guarantees accounting procedures are followed
• To check the conformity of justifications/invoices.
• To fill and archive documents.
• To prepare and to send original invoices to HQ every 3 months. To prepare invoices hard and soft copy.
• To check and to prepare documentation for refunding KRI mission (employee salaries, car rent, custom clearance, hotel expenditure, visa, residency, transport, etc.)
• To follow up the budget.
Expenditure carried out within the financial mission
- Checking the documents attached and cost allocations (project and accounts codes)
- Checking the justification documents and their conformity (order forms, invoices, inventories, etc.).
- To analyze cash box disparities and providing technical assistance for their resolution.
In coordination with HRCo KRI and AdminCo NES, to prepare job offers and JD, to select candidates, to do interview and tests.
To proceed to periodical employee interview meetings.
To encourage and follow up on trainings needs for employees.
Academic: University degree or diploma.
A Master in International Cooperation and/or Humanitarian Aid is desirable.
Languages: Very high level of spoken and written English.
Valuable French and Arabic/Kurdish
Office pack user level.
The successful candidate must have at least 1 year experience in positions with similar responsibility and working on planning, design, management and monitoring of programmes from a NGO in fragile scenarios, of complex emergencies. Experience in project planning, implementation and evaluation is desirable. Team coordination experience.
- High organizational capacity and for adaptation to post-emergency situations.
- Proven capacity for team leadership and management.
- Team work and networking capacity.
- Communication and patience skills.
- Thoroughness and self-sufficiency at work.
- Strict compliance with the safety protocols established for the country and MdM mission
- Identification with the lines of work, values and mission of Médicos del Mundo.