According to the organization plan for the South Sudan project, the main objective is to guarantee the logistic viability of the project in Bor county and to consolidate the operational set up for MdM in the country.
As Logistics Coordinator, he/she will provide logistics support and guidance to the rest of the team, in order to obtain an updated analysis of the logistics and security situation. Alignment with MdM values and policies will be mandatory.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION
Juba city and Bor South county (Jonglei State) in urban and peri-urban context.
The successful candidate will be part of the Humanitarian team and will report to the General Coordinator, as well, he/she will have a direct technical link with the Logistic Referent in HQ.
• Manage logistics support and advice the project team on logistics procedures and matters
• Identify and plan the mission purchases through a procurement plan
• Ensure the respect of quality of procurement and respect of delivery deadlines, purchase and stock management procedure
• Design and update a supplier’s database for medical and non-medical supplies
• Ensure medical supplies, medical equipment and medical consumables are properly and safely stored
• Ensure the management of equipment and the follow up of maintenances
• Supervise the general follow-up of the mission vehicles and ensure a regular maintenance
• Participate in development, review, implementation and monitoring of security measures
• Ensure the respect of the MDM security protocols and the good functioning of the relative tools and communication channels.
• Be responsible for the technical aspects of the risk reduction/mitigation policy and implement contingency measures.
• Recruit, train and supervise a country logistic officer
• Support staff in their management duty and conduct supply internal training
• Conduct a comprehensive audit of good practices and its implementing partner’s practices
• Participate in donor proposal writing and reporting
• Support some administration task according to the work distribution established by the General Coordinator
• Follow up the inventories of medical and non-medical equipment and monitor logistics expenses flow
• Provide technical leadership to the Wash activities in area of intervention
• Support Project Coordinator in timely delivery of the Wash activities
• Contribute to the risk and threat analysis matrix
• Contribute to the supply chain report (Logistics Coordinator to lead this process)
• Monthly reports to General Coordinator and Log Referent in HQ: Situation Report, open Dossiers, ongoing contracts, inventories.
Academic background: Professional diploma or university degree in a logistic field (supply, mechanic…).
Desirable: Master in Humanitarian Aid and Security.
Language requirements: High level of spoken and written English. Valuable: Spanish.
Computer requirements: Office pack user level.
The successful candidate must have at least 5 years of experience in humanitarian settings, preferably in Africa. Knowledge of and experience with INGOs procurement policies and security protocols.
Valuable: Experience in remote management, familiarity with international donor (UN, DFID, OFDA, AECID etc.) compliance regarding logistics and security.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Willing and able to work productively in a challenging environment
- Adherence to the MdM values and familiarity with cross cutting issues
From August 2020. 6 months (possible extension)
Medicos del Mundo’s Salary charts