According to the organization plan for the South Sudan project the main objective is to guarantee the logistic viability of the project in Bor county and to consolidate the operational set up for MdM in the country.
As Logistics Coordinator, he/she will provide logistics support and guidance to the rest of the team (Team Leader, Medical Doctor and Midwife) in order to obtain an updated analysis of the logistics and security situation. Alignment with MdM values and policies will be mandatory.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION
Juba city and Bor county (Jonglei South) in urban and peri-urban context.
The successful candidate will be part of the Humanitarian team and will reports to the Team Leader (that means the General Coordinator at country level and the Project Manager at project level), as well, he/she will have direct technical link with Logistic Referent in HQ.
· Manage logistics support and advice the project team on logistics procedures and matters
· Identify and plan the mission purchases through a procurement plan
· Ensure the respect of quality of procurement and respect of delivery deadlines, purchase and stock management procedure
· Design and update a suppliers database for medical and non-medical supplies
· Ensure medical supplies, medical equipment and medical consumables are properly and safely stored
· Ensure the management of equipment and the follow up of maintenances
· Supervise the general follow-up of the mission vehicles and ensure a regular maintenance
· Participate in development, review, implementation and monitoring of security measures
· Ensure the respect of the security guideline and the good functioning of the relative tools
· Conduct risk assessments, data collect and analysis
· Implement the general security policy in collaboration with the General Coordinator
· Be responsible for the technical aspects of the risk reduction/mitigation policy and implement contingency measures.
· Recruit, train and supervise a country logistic officers
· Support staff in their management duty and conduct supply internal training
· Conduct a comprehensive audit of good practices and its implementing partner’s practices
· Participate in donor reporting
· Ensure the production of monthly inventory of medical and non-medical equipment
· Support some administration task according the work distribution established by the Team Leader
· Contribute to the Risk and threat analysis matrix
· Contribute to the supply chain report (Logistician to lead this process)
· Monthly reports to Team Leader and Log Referent in HQ: Situation Report, open Dossiers, ongoing contracts, inventories.
Professional diploma or university degree in a logistic field (supply, mechanic…).
Master in Humanitarian Aid and Security.
At least 5 years of experience in humanitarian settings, preferably in Africa and in conflict countries.
Experience in remote management
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Willing and able to work productively in a challenging environment
· Adherence to the MdM values and familiarity with cross cutting issues
Immediate incorporation for at least 6 months commitment
Medicos del Mundo’s Salary charts