Responsible for the management of the PHC Project in Lovua settlement, a newly Congolese refugee settlement with a total population of about 20.000 people.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION:
Lovua –Dundo, Angola
The successful candidate will be part of the Humanitarian Coordination team and reports to the Project Coordinator.
· Responsible for the overall management of the PHC program in Lovua Settlement, where MdM runs three primary health care clinics.
· Management of the medical team (doctors, nurses, nutritionists and pharmacists).
· Responsible for the management of the community-based component of the PHC program in Lovua Settlement.
· Responsible for the management of the main pharmacy in collaboration with the local pharmacist.
· Oversee and ensure that the referral system is functioning according to the needs by maintaining good relations with the local hospitals.
· Ensure the monitoring of activities and results through epidemiological data collection data from the PHC program; carry out morbidity and mortality analyses for Lovua Settlement; draft weekly and monthly activity progress reports; review and create new tracking tools if needed.
· Represent MdM at relevant coordination meetings and bilateral meetings with local health authorities and partners.
· Coordinate with other health actors in the emergency response in order to cover any existing gaps.
· Prepare capacity building sessions for MdM team members.
· Responsible for updating program needs (alert in case of outbreak etc.).
· Participate in the emergency preparedness of the project through the review of the contingency plans.
· To actively participate in the writing of donor proposals and progress reports.
Academic background: Medical Doctor University Degree or Registered Nurse
Desirable: Tropical Medicine Studies/ Public Health Studies / Master in International Cooperation and/or Humanitarian Aid
Languages: advanced spoken and written Portuguese, Spanish and English. Valuable: French
Office package: user level
The successful candidate must have:
· At least 3 years field experience
· Experience in positions with similar responsability, Project management, team management and capacity building
· Experience in remote areas
Dirección y desarrollo de personas
Capacidad relacional y comunicación
Flexibilidad y adaptación al camboi
Gestión de recursos
Starting beginning of June, available at least until December 2019
Medicos del Mundo´s salary charts