GEOGRAPHIC AREA OF INTERVENTION
Bor – Jonglei State, South Sudan.
The successful candidate will be part of the Humanitarian team and will reports to the Team Leader, as well, he/she will have direct technical link with Medical Coordinator in HQ.
· Responsible for the management of the MDM program run in Bor Hospital, Nutritional component, GBV, OPD, Pediatric and Maternity ward
· Responsible of Medical Team management
· Ensure the monitoring of activities and results through the data collection, indicators, Morbidity chart, Pharmacy Checklist. Review and create new tracking tools if needed.
· Report and analysis of the epidemiological data; provide an analysis of the morbidity and mortality in the areas of intervention desegregate by age and gender.
· Represent MDM at relevant coordination meetings, and bilateral meetings with local health authorities and partners.
· Coordinate with other health actors the emergency response in order to cover need gaps
· Responsible for updating program needs (alert in case of outbreak)
· Participate to the emergency preparedness through the review of the contingency plans.
· Responsible for weekly and monthly program activities report
· To actively participate in the writing of donors proposal and activity progress reports.
· If needed, conduct a health needs assessment and identify areas of possible intervention
· Responsible of preparation of all medical orders in collaboration with logistics
· Recruitment and selection of Medical and paramedic staff if needed
· In charge of local staff Capacity building- Organize and co-facilitate trainings for medical and paramedic local staff
Academic: Medical Doctor University Degree or Registered Nurse
- Master in International Cooperation and/or Humanitarian Aid
- Public Health Studies
- Tropical Medicine Studies
Computing: Management of MS-Office applications or similar.
Languages: English; advanced written and spoken
· Working experience in positions with similar responsibility, project management, team management
· Experience in remote areas
· Great organizational capacity and ability to adapt to complex contexts and stress situations.
· Excellent organizational capacity
· Strong communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills
· Stress management
· Identification with the lines of work, values and mission of Médicos del Mundo.
Inmediate deployment. Contract 3 months (with possibility to extension)