This position focuses on the coordination, supervision and technical monitoring of the MHPSS projects in the Occupied Palestinian Territory (West Bank and Gaza Strip), as well as ensuring the quality and alignment of the MHPSS MDM Strategy.
GEOGRAPHIC AREA OF INTERVENTION
West Bank and Gaza Strip, Occupied Palestinian Territory.
Reports directly to the country coordination.
• Planification of MHPSS activities
• Work in close collaboration with medical coordination
• Participates in the mechanisms of humanitarian coordination and development within the scope of its competences, and if necessary, represents Médicos del Mundo before institutions, organizations and media.
• Coordination and collaboration with public and private actors and with the international network of MDM, which intervene in the same sectoral and / or geographical areas.
• He/she supports the development and implementation of the Coordinates MHPSS technical team
• Ensures the technical quality of MHPSS interventions
• Strengthening the technical capabilities of the MHPSS team
• Ensures cross-cutting approaches to the protection of human rights, gender equity and anthropological focus of MHPSS interventions
country strategy, and in particular the MHPSS component.
• Collaborates in the implementation and monitoring of the advocacy strategy.
• Supervises the achievement of the objectives, guaranteeing an adequate monitoring through the monitoring of the indicators, and where appropriate proposes corrective or mitigation measures.
• Participation in monthly SITREP report, follow-up and intermediate and final reports required by donors.
• Actively participates in the identification and formulation of new proposals in the framework of mental health and psychosocial support and protection.
• Design, adapt and update of protocols, procedures and work tools
• Design instruments for the collection of qualitative and quantitative data, and ensure data systematization and analysis
Academic: Graduate in Psychology or Medicine with specialty in psychiatry or psychotherapy. Complementary training in clinic work will be valued (accredited courses, masters in clinic psychology)
Complementary: Training in gender and gender-based violence will be valued.
Languages: English; knowledge in Arabic will be valued.
Computing: Management of MS-Office applications or similar.
Working experience in MHPSS in humanitarian contexts.
Knowledge of the context of the Occupied Palestinian Territory is preferable.
Great organizational capacity and ability to adapt to complex contexts and stress situations.
Capacity to work in network.
Rigor and autonomy in work.
Pedagogical and organizational capacity.
Identification with the lines of work, values and mission of Médicos del Mundo.
Salary Tables of Médicos del Mundo