This position focuses on the coordination, supervision and technical monitoring of the MHPSS projects in the Occupied Palestinian Territory (West Bank and Gaza Strip), as well as ensuring the quality and alignment of the MHPSS MDM Strategy.
GEOGRAPHIC AREA OF INTERVENTION
West Bank and Gaza Strip, Occupied Palestinian Territory.
Coordinates and supervises the teams and programs of mental health and psychosocial support, ensuring their quality and their consistency with the MDM Strategy. Reports directly to the country coordination, under technical supervision of the MHPSS reference at HQ level.
· To represent Médicos del Mundo Spain in the different national (Ministry of Health) and international (Mental Health and Psychosocial working group) institutions and organisms, and in the meetings of different Clusters in which MDM participates (Protection/Health).
· To coordinate and collaborate with public and private actors and with the MDM international network, which intervene in the same sectoral or geographical areas.
· To support de creation of a country strategy and of a MHPSS strategy for Palestine.
· To collaborate in the IP strategy.
· To supervise the achievement of objectives, ensuring a correct monitoring through the tracking of indicators.
· To participate in the monthly SITREP situation reports, tracking reports and final reports demanded by donors.
· To coordinate and supervise local staff of MHPSS projects.
· To actively participate in the identification and formulation of new proposals in the mental health and psychosocial frame.
· To design, adapt and update the working protocols, procedures and instruments to the characteristics and needs of the projects.
· To design instruments to collect quantitative and qualitative data and ensure their systematization and analysis, to generate reports which may be necessary.
Academic: Graduate in Psychology or Medicine with specialty in psychiatry or psychotherapy. Complementary training in clinic work will be valued (accredited courses, masters in clinic psychology or program of specialized training in Clinic Psychology (PIR).
Complementary: Training in gender and gender-based violence will be valued.
Computing: Management of MS-Office applications or similar.
Languages: English; knowledge in Arabic will be valued.
Working experience in MHPSS in humanitarian contexts.
Knowledge of the context of the Occupied Palestinian Territory is preferable.
· Great organizational capacity and ability to adapt to complex contexts and stress situations.
· Capacity to work in network.
· Rigor and autonomy in work.
· Pedagogical and organizational capacity.
· Identification with the lines of work, values and mission of Médicos del Mundo.
Inmediate deployment. Contract 7 months (with possibility to extension).
Salary Tables of Médicos del Mundo