Responsible for the implementation of a training MHPSS/GBV program to be run in Bor Hospital and at community level through MDM local implementing partner in Bor - Jonglei State, South Sudan.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION:
Bor – Jonglei State, South Sudan.
The successful candidate will be part of the Humanitarian team and will report to the Project Coordinator, as well, he/she will have direct technical link with MHPSS Coordinator in HQ.
· Responsible for developing curriculum for a MHPSS/GBV training for health staff a Bor Hospital and for health staff of our local partner, Sudan Medical Care .Regarding MHPSS the training will include at least basic MHPSS concepts, basic counselling skills, trauma informed care, grief and early stimulation for children. Regarding GBV, the training will include basic Gender/ GBV concepts, awareness raising, case management and referral pathways.
· Ensure the link with other humanitarian actors and build referral MHPSS/ GBV pathways
· Development of a community-based plan for social mobilizers and community health workers to link with the community, support them in dealing with common psychosocial/ GBV issues and refer to primary health care teams / hospital for a more specialized care.
· Support and supervise health staff in delivering psychosocial counselling sessions.
· Ensure the monitoring of activities and results by elaborating an M&E system.
· Responsible for updating MHPSS/GBV program needs through needs assessments.
· Responsible for weekly and monthly program activities report
· To actively participate in the writing of donors proposals.
Academic background: Psychologist
Studies in MH in Humanitarian Action
· Language requirements: High level of spoken and written English.
· Computer requirements: Office pack user level.
The successful candidate must have:
· At least 2 years’ experience in similar positions.
· Experience in positions with similar responsibility
· Experience in remote areas
- Excellent organizational capacity
- Strong communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills
- Stress management
- Willing and able to work productively in a challenging and remote areas
Incorporation date: Immediately
Availability for 3 months
Medicos del Mundo’s Salary charts