Collaborate with the Medical Coordinator to implement the PHC project in Lovua Site and Lovua Village, a newly Congolese refugee settlement with a total population of about 32.000 people.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION:
Lovua –Dundo , Angola
The successful candidate will be part of the Humanitarian team and will reports to the Medical Coordinator.
· Collaborate with Medco to implement the PHC program in Lovua Site and Lovua Village.
· Collaborate with Medco to run the CHW component in Lovua Site.
· Collaborate with Medco the management of the main pharmacy.
· Collaborate with Medco to ensure that the referral system is functioning according to the needs
· Gather project information, monitoring of activities and results through the data collection and update indicators.
· Participate to the emergency preparedness through the review of the contingency plans.
· Participate in the writing of donor’s proposal and activity progress reports.
· If needed, participate in health needs assessment and identification of new projects.
Academic background: Registered Nurse
A -Master in International Cooperation and/or Humanitarian Aid / Public Health Studies/ Tropical Medicine Studies
Language requirements: High level of spoken and written Portuguese and French. Valuable English and Spanish
Experience: Previous experience in emergencies contexts
Preferrable experience as midwife and /or nutrition programs.
Computer requirements: Office pack user level.
- High capacity for analysis and decision-making.
- Strong communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills with experience in managing a diverse team of local employees and engaging local services.
- Good team work and networking skills
- Stress management
- Willing and able to work productively in a challenging environment
- Cultural awareness and adaptability
- Strict compliance with the safety protocols established for the country and MdM mission
- Alignment with principles and values of Medicos del Mundo
Availability for 1 month (it may be extended)
Medicos del Mundo’s Salary charts