The Pharmacy Coordinator is responsible for the design and implementation of a quality drug supply and effective stock management systems, in line with MdM standards and procedures, including preparation, support and reception of international/local orders, pharmacy data management system, collection and analysis of drug consumption, support to health facilities, hygiene and security, and reporting.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION:
The successful candidate will be based in Dohuk, Kurdistan Region Iraq, with frequent travels to North East Syria.
The successful candidate will report to the Medical Coordinator.
Implementing a quality drugs supply system in line with MdM standards
In collaboration with logistics and medical team ensures the supply system covers all the aspect needed at mission level according to MdM and international standards on quality and safety.
Designs, supports, and follows the supply system for the mission from calculating international orders to follow up of the cargos, reception and efficient management and distribution of the stocks at project/HC levels.
Calculations and support with International orders
· Participate in the elaboration of international orders in collaboration with MedCo/Log HQ.
· Provide technical support in the process of quotation for the International Orders.
· Assist in the follow up of the international orders and cargos.
· Ensures all the procedures for the supply cycle are made in time according to the mission supply chronogram.
· Checks quality control on orders received and confirm packing list quantities and references.
· Assure that shortages or urgent need of medicines will be supplied to the projects through loans, borrowings or urgent international/local order if needed.
Implementing an effective Stock/Pharmacy Management
· Responsible for the Central Pharmacy main warehouse ensuring the adequate management according to international standards (GDP, MdM manuals, technical sheets).
· Stock management according to international standards by route of administration, form, INN, FIFO rule, control of temperatures.
· Responsible for Sagastock management and training of the pharmacy staff.
· Prepares and analyze the Sagastock monthly report for the central warehouse.
· Intervenes in the management of stocks collecting and analyzing the Sagastock monthly reports for Amuda and Kobane in collaboration with Project Pharmacy Coordinators, Medical Coordinator and HQ.
· Ensures that medical supplies for the different health centres have a clear standard list and consumptions.
· Ensures appropriate distribution of the stocks in the Heath centres and the appropriate record of the movements.
· Monitors efficiently the management of stocks in the projets, supports in the analisis of stocks regularly to avoid overstocks stock ruptures and expired medicines at a mission level.
· Monitors that all the pharmacies use and update stocks cards and that the inventories are done regularly.
· Ensures, updates and follows up the Misiion Pharmacy activity planning in order to ensure its implementation at a national level.
Reception and preparation of the international/local orders for the mission.
· Check quantities and quality of the received items.
· Make out an acknowledgement of receiption for logistics departement and HQ.
· Integrate all the items into physical stock.
· Compleate stock cards and enters the information into Sagastock.
· Prepare and distribute the drugs according the projects requests and projects needs.
· Check the rationality of the requests.
· Repack the supplies and prepares distributions for the projects and HC.
· Reports/updates regularly Medical Coordinator.
Collection and analysis of drugs consumption
· Provides training and follow up for the correct use of Sagastock and other tools to provide consumptions in the Pharmacy projects and for the health facilities.
· Ensures that updated stock and consumption records can be provided upon request for any reporting.
· Assist in development and implementation of drug consumption tools in supported health facilities.
· Monitor the drug consumption by establishing/maintaining mechanisms of consumption record and inform medical coordinator in case of any unusual consumption.
Support to health facilities
· Collaborate closely with the pharmacy coordinator building capacities and providing training and support.
· Upon request, organize trainings on drug prescription, drug rationalisation or pharmacy management for local medical staff and mobile teams staff.
· Help to assess needs in health facilities and mobile teams related to drugs storage and dispensation.
Hygiene and Security
· Ensure proper disposal of expired medicines according to MdM standards and waste management protocols in cooperation with logistics department and following local authorisation procedures.
· Ensure that all the pharmacy related areas are free of rodents and insects in collaboration with the logistics team.
· Ensures security and cleanliness of the stocks.
· Reporting and attendance to different meetings
· Participates in the pharmacies monthly reports analysis and takes actions discussed in it.
· Informs on cold chain ruptures presenting the proper report to Medical Coordinator and HQ.
· Reports on medical supply waste management procedures preparing the report and the procedures conducted, to Medical Cordinator and HQ.
· Inform MedCo of possible ruptures of stock or drugs that are close to expiring drugs.
· Inform MedCo about any unusual or unexplained consumption or use of drugs.
· Inform line manager of any problems that might be linked to work of pharmacy staff as well as problematic equipment or material (ex. broken, missing).
· Attends regular meetings with the pharmacy coordinators and HQ when necessary.
Master Degree in Pharmacy. Master in Humanitarian related studies desirable.
•Language requirements: English spoken/written essential. Arabic and/or Kurdish an asset.
•Computer requirements: Advance computer literacy (Word, Excel and Internet). Advance Excel is
mandatory. Sagastock/Isystock management an asset.
Fair knowledge of Windows environment (MS Word, MS Excel, PPT)
• At least 2 years’ field experience in similar positions.
• Previous experience in pharmacy management
• Previous experience in humanitarian setting
• Excellent communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills
• Flexible and proactive in proposing solutions and improving systems
• Willing and able to work productively in a challenging environment
• Cultural awareness and adaptability
• Good team work and networking skills
• Strict compliance with the safety protocols established for the country and MdM mission
• Alignment with principles and values of Medicos del Mundo
Medicos del Mundo’s Salary charts.