The Program Coordinator will be responsible for overall program delivery and quality in North East Syria. The post holder will be responsible for proposal development and reporting at field level, donor mapping and program quality improvement, in line with MdM and donor standards.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION:
North East Syria (based in Dohuk, Kurdistan Region, Iraq)
The candidate will report to the North East Syria Coordinator.
• Plan and coordinate the implementation of NES program and activities; in line with MdM and donor standards.
• Ensure the financial follow-up, including budget planning and forecast in close collaboration with the administrative coordinator.
• Ensure a good understanding and ownership of MdM program, standards and donor commitment with the rest of the team, including through the organization of regular program coordination meetings, project kick-off and closure meetings.
• Continuously assess the needs in the area of intervention and propose necessary adjustments to the program in collaboration with the key positions in the mission.
• Propose, lead and coordinate all the needed assessments in the mission in close collaboration with the rest of the team.
Proposal development and reporting:
• Continuously update donor mapping in the area of intervention and inform his/her manager of any funding opportunities
• Lead and coordinate proposal development, project amendment request and reporting
• Ensure tracking and archiving of sources of verification and other project related documents
Program monitoring and quality
• Ensure proper follow-up of program activities and indicators, in line with MdM and donors standards and commitments, through a strong MEAL system
• Adapt monitoring system to remote management in case of access constrains, including through the use of adequate technology solutions.
• Propose program quality improvement and learning initiatives and operationalize them in the field
Academic background: Master’s degree in International Development, Gender studies, public health, and/or Humanitarian Aid, or other relevant fields.
Other qualifications: Strong knowledge of project cycle management, international humanitarian funding system and donor requirements.
Language requirements: Excellent written and spoken English. Arabs and/or Kurdish is an asset.
Computer requirements: Office pack user level.
• At least 5 years field experience in humanitarian projects. At least 3 years experience in positions with similar responsibility in fragile context crisis, preferably in the Middle-East and/or conflict environment.
• Experience in project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
• Previous experience with health programming.
• Demonstrable leadership and team management skills.
• Excellent proposal writing and reporting skills
• Ability to work in volatile environments and strict compliance with security protocols
• Excellent organizational capacity.
• Excellent planning, management and coordination skills.
• Strong communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills
• Stress management.
• Willing and able to work productively in a challenging environment.
• Cultural awareness and adaptability.
• Sensitive to gender issues and their inclusion in projects
• Assertive and diplomatic.
• Good team work and networking skills.
• Alignment with principles and ethics of Médicos del Mundo.
• Identification with the lines of work, values and mission of Médicos del Mundo.
From April 2020
Médicos del Mundo’s Salary charts