Management / Strategic leadership:
• Ensure adequate information flow within the team.
• Oversee and coordinate the general functioning of the base and all departments / services.
• Ensure that the intervention is always respectful to MdM’s mandate, values and internal rules; to local cultural and legal rules.
• Ensure that new strategic orientations are taken into consideration and are implemented.
• Support and advise the national staffs, ensure professional grow through regular evaluations and contribute to ensure a progressive nationalization of expatriate positions.
• Provide leadership and support to the team.
• Follow contextual development in Dundo and prepare updates for the monthly mission SitRep.
• Proactively monitor the political and security situation in the project areas and update HQ accordingly.
• Ensure that appropriate security guidelines are developed, communicated, adhered to and regularly reviewed with the team.
• Propose new ideas and modalities to improve the project activities implementation considering contextual and legal developments.
• Ensure timely and accurate security / incident reports are sent to the Headquarters.
• Represent MdM with partners, stakeholders and authority in relationship to the intervention.
• Ensure the implementation of the program and its follow-up in its different aspects: logistical, administrative, medical and MHPSS and report to the Emergency Unit Coordinator in HQ.
• Identify technical gaps and prepare a capacity building plan for partners.
• Contribute to proposal and project report writings.
• Coordinate the project and strategy planning meetings.
• Maintain partners MoUs and updating the drafts for renewal, based on understandings and developments of the project.
• Maintain the map of project activities updated.
• Compile monthly project activities report – SitRep.
• Contributing to donor reporting related to projects activities.
• Any other report requested by the Emergency Unit Coordinator in HQ.
• Ensure familiarity with donor compliance issues, ensuring all projects are compliant with these and MdM procedures
• Ensure appropriate administrative, financial and logistical MdM systems/procedures are in place, maintained and adhered to so that all support functions are carried out effectively and efficiently.
• Monitor expenditure and budget compliance on a regular basis, report any concerns to the operations coordinator.
• To perform any additional duties requested by the Emergency Unit Coordinator in HQ.