He/she is responsible for the implementation of ongoing projects of which he/she is the coordinator, ensuring the adequacy of activities and operations with respect to MdM approaches and donors regulations. He/she ensures the correct management and sustainability of the project(s) under her/his responsibility and a system of monitoring and follow-up of the projects, coordinating and supervising a multidisciplinary team composed of Programmatic (Health, MHPSS-GBV) and Operations Staff (Administration, Finance, Human Resources and Logistics).
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION
The successful candidate will be based in Bor, South County (Jonglei State - South Sudan) with regular visits along the county.
The successful candidate will coordinate and supervise the projects reporting directly to the State Base Coordinator on the field.
The Projects Coordinator will have the responsibility to implement the projects for which he/she is responsible integrating the following main tasks:
- Implementation of ongoing projects in line with organization’s policies and principles.
- Implementation of the projects under his/her responsibility in collaboration with local Implementing Partners (national NGOs) and Health Authorities.
- Monitoring and follow-up of the projects according to the project’s logical frameworks and Monitool.
- Planification and monitoring of the activities according to work plans.
- Achieving and submitting in time required reports both from MdM and donors (including Implementing Partners).
HR AND ADMINISTRATION:
- Coordination of the staff assigned to the projects he/she is in charge.
- Coordination of a multidisciplinary team composed of Programmatic (Health, MHPSS, WASH technician and Officers) and Operational Staff (Administration, Finance, Human Resources and Logistics).
- Ensuring monitoring of labor regulations and HR MdM policies.
- Designing new projects budgets in collaboration with the Administrative Country Coordinator (Juba), State Field Coordinator (Jonglei) and Admin. Officer (Bor).
- Controlling of the budget projects under his/her responsibility (budget holder).
- Supervising and controlling the financial management (cash and banks).
- Monitoring funds requests according to the needs of the projects under his/her responsibility.
- Monitoring the correct allocation of costs and eligible costs according to Donor regulations.
LOGISTICS AND SECURITY:
- Verifying the correct management of MdM owned goods and equipment of the projects under his/her responsibility in collaboration with Logistics function.
- Supervising and verifiying the correct application of purchasing procedures.
- Collecting information about context and security situations and report to the State Field Coordinator.
Academic background: University degree.
Desirable: Public Health/Environmental health/ any medical background/Gender.
Language requirements: High level of spoken and written English.
Computer requirements: Office pack user level. Good command of Excel is mandatory.
The successful candidate must have at least one to two years professional experience on emergency response in a similar position with an international NGO.
Previous work on emergency responses in similar contexts, particularly in Africa, will be considered an asset.
- Ability to classify and manage priorities
- High autonomy
- Organizational skills and rigor
- Excellent knowledge of project cycle management and programming
- Excellent reporting skills (progress report / donor / report / authorities…)
- Excellent communication skills with sense of diplomacy
- Proven capacity for personnel leadership and management
- Understanding and adherence to humanitarian principle
- Strong commitment to the organization and its values
- Ability to work in difficult living conditions (isolated area)
Immediately: 6 months (possible extension)
Medicos del Mundo’s Salary charts