He/ She is responsible for Médicos del Mundo (MDM) projects in Jonglei, South Sudan, ensuring appropriateness of actions in respect to MDM policies
In this role, he/she oversees management of the projects cycle in Jonglei state, including administrative, HHRR and financial management, program development and reporting.
He/she supervises Project national and international staff and ensures compliance with all HR policies. In coordination with Project support staff, he/she is responsible for Project operational management, including the implementation of proper logistics and security procedures and MEAL systems. In addition to the general Project management responsibilities.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION:
South Sudan: Bor County – Jonglei State
The successful candidate will be part of the Humanitarian Coordination team and reports to the Country General Coordinator in South Sudan
· Project Management & Development
· Participation in identification, design and development of new projects.
· Participation in writing proposals and formulation process.
· Contribute to the MEAL system and follow up context analysis.
· Lead adecuated planning of project activities oriented to results and objectives
· Monitoring of the coordination sustainability and of the correct allocation of costs on projects; monitoring of eligible costs for all the projects and coordination expenses.
· Goods management: verifies the sustainability and the correct management of MdM owned goods and equipment in collaboration with the logistics function. He/she supervises and verifies the correct application of purchasing procedures.
· Financial management: he/she supervises and controls the financial management (cash and banks) and the fund transfers to projects according to the needs and requests.; he/she manages and supervises funds from donors (instalments etc) updating the necessary info to be sent to the HQ;
· In accordance with the General Country Coordinator, he/she guarantees the correct and timing reception of funds from donors; he/she ensures the proper management and control of the cash for the overall coordination and base / coordination of any area and related expenses.
· Economic-financial project monitoring: he/she periodically verifies the project status: balances, expenses and financial planning in collaboration with other staff involved.
· Reporting and audit: he/she finalizes and checks final and intermediate financial and narrative reports; is in charge for the correct reporting and ensures the correct filing of the administrative project documents; he/she is responsible for the preparation and execution of in country audit and collaborates for audit carried out at HQ level.
· Procedures: she/he supports in the correct application of MdM and donors’ administrative and compliance procedures
· Institutional Relations: in collaboration with the Country General Coordinator, he/she is responsible for relations and related paperwork, with public institutions and administration of the country (Labour Inspectorate, Directorate General of Taxes, banks etc.) and with the offices of the donors for administrative and financial issues.
· Preparation of the SITREP, monitoring reports and final reports required by donors
· Participates in the definition and update of project planning and budgets.
· Participate in the developing of project MEAL systems.
· Represents MDM in meetings with local authorities and other stakeholders
· Participation in the identification, design and development of new projects proposals, strategies and reports related to MDM actions in Bor required by the Country General Coordinator and / or the Country Medical Coordinator.
· Team Management
· Management of local and international staff: he/she manages and supervises international local accountants and ensures their training; supports the Country General Coordinator in the setting of standards for the local staff management (country rules) and ensures the correct filing of staff documents
· Coordination of staff assigned to the projects in his/her charge. Guarantees that ongoing projects are implemented in line with organisation’s policies and principles and towards objectives and results.
· He/she is responsible and supervise all staff members working at the projects (recruitment, training, follow up, evaluations).
· Operational Management
· Logistics, Administration and Financial supervision of project. Supervising attainment of objectives, guaranteeing appropriate monitoring through follow-up of project MEAL system and verification sources.
· Is responsible for preparation of all supplies in collaboration with logistics department ensuring that they are done according to guidelines and on time and ensuring that all procurement policies adhered to.
· Is Responsible for submission of all local purchase requests to Juba/HQ.
· Participates, together with Country General Coordinator, in the definition of human and material resources needs to ensure the correct implementation of projects
· Ensures that security is guaranteed to the highest level possible by implementing all MdM policies.
· Ensures the proper management of the resources under his/ her supervision
Academic background: University degree or diploma
Desirable: Master in International Cooperation and/or Humanitarian Aid. Project management training, logical framework, gender studies
Languages: High level of spoken and written English. Valuable: Spanish
Office package: Office pack user level
The successful candidate must have:
· At least 3 years field experience with similar positions
· Previous experience in emergencies contexts
· Work on emergency response projects in similar contexts, particularly in Africa, will be considered an asset