APPLICATION SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINE:
Interested candidates possessing required experience and skills are invited to send an updated CV and a motivation letter including at least two references to email@example.com quoting in the object of the email the reference TDHIT-MLB-OM
Applications that do not meet the above-mentioned requirements will not be considered.
We apologize in advance as only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. TDH IT reserves the right to fill the position before the closing date of the published vacancy in case a suitable candidate is identified.
CONTACT PERSON NAME:
CONTACT PERSON POSITION:
CONTACT PERSON EMAIL:
The Operation Manager is part of the Delegation Managerial Team along with the Country Delegate and Country Administrator and the other Heads of Department. She/he is responsible for the overall management and supervision of operations (focusing mainly on Child Protection and Education) in Mount Lebanon and represents the organization at field level. To this end she/he works in strict coordination with the senior team at Delegation level: Program Managers, Finance Managers, Logistic staff and MEAL Manager among others.
Specifically, he/she is in charge of:
Strategic partnership and networking/representation
- Participate in Cluster/Sector coordination meetings at regional level and other working groups or coordination meetings, as required, representing the organization, feeding back to the Country Delegate and Programme Managers on relevant issues and following up on relevant action points;
- Develop and maintain appropriate, regular, transparent and supportive communication with the project staff and technical coordinators assigned to the area as well as other relevant stakeholders
(e.g. beneficiaries, community leaders, local and national government officials, UN agencies and other NGOs), with the objective of ensuring good cooperation and partnerships;
- Active presence on donor and other partners meetings at field level, representing progress of activities in field offices (planned, implementation, planned changes, achievements, new project possibilities)
- Primary representative in the area of operation and attend all relevant fora/meetings in order to strengthen the Organization’s position
- Foster relationships with Government authorities and other relevant stakeholders in the area of operation
- Ensure collaboration and coordination with the other Operation Managers to ensure programmatic integration, sharing of lessons, best practices;
- Comply with internal reporting requirements, contribute to, and provide quality assurance of reports from area of operation to be presented to Program Manager
- Lead the process of adapting the Organization national strategy to the local context and circumstances
- Provide regular analysis on the context and humanitarian situation in the area for the development of project proposals in cooperation with the Programme managers and technical advisors.
- Provide oversight of all programming in the area in compliance with core protection principles and best practices, and donor regulations, while upholding rigorous project cycle management standards.
- Ensure effective links between the Organization’s Protection, Education and Livelihood programmes, striving for consistency of approach and cost effectiveness in the area of operation
- Line manage Area Support and Program staff ensuring inter-department co-ordination
- Encourage a positive, innovative and mutually supportive team spirit amongst the area team.
- Enable an effective team through result-oriented management systems, providing leadership, on-job capacity building and designing staff development strategies;
- Accountable for people management of field staff. This includes hiring & firing, objective setting, probation, performance appraisal, development of staff, managing performance, including poor performance, etc. (for technical staff, to be done through inputs of respective Program Manager)
- Ensure overall provision of and adherence to organization’s and donors’ policies, procedures, guidelines, systems and standard practices
- Closely coordinate with the Delegation management team based in Beirut ensuring regular information flows
- Assume responsibility for staff safety in the area of operation.
- Ensure all relevant information regarding safety, security and the context is collected, updated and shared in a regular and timely manner.
- Collaborate with the Area Logistics/Safety Team and Senior Management Team to make decisions and manage security incidents at a local level.
- Ensure that Finance requirements are met within set deadlines, collaborating with logistics and support staff to boost coordination and efficiency
- Follow-up of HR issue at area level, in coordination with Area HR officer
- Responsible for budget utilization and eligibility of the expenses incurred of entrusted projects in the assigned area
- Responsibility of preparation/actualization/follow up of monthly expenditure overview/BFU in collaboration with Project Managers and finance/support managers. Responsible for informing
Country Delegate/Country Admin of issues with an impact on the budget and suggesting reallocations
- Support in preparation of budgets for project proposals (with the support of field and admin staff)
- Supervise preparation of financial Quarterly reporting on projects performance and evaluation
Education / Training
· Degree (MA or PhD) in the field of Social Sciences (e.g. Political Science, Sociology, International relation) or similar
· Perfect acquaintance with main donors’ procedures and requirements (EU, UNICEF, OCHA, AICS)
· At least 5 years of professional work experience with humanitarian organizations in a managerial position
· Proven experience in securing and managing substantial external funding
· Sound understanding of the challenges of donor and contract management and the implications for program management
· Extensive knowledge of institutional donors and experience of project planning and budget holding; highly developed analytical, proposal writing and reporting skills
· Sound knowledge of PCM and project management tools (Logical Framework matrix, Gantt Charts, etc.)
· Demonstrable understanding of humanitarian response, coordination mechanisms, humanitarian reform and action
· Substantial experience in emergency and post-crisis environments
· Sound knowledge of Office suite with high proficiency in Word and Excel
· Fluency in English; Arabic is an asset
Knowledge & skills and Required Personal Characteristics (fitting into team, suitability for the job and assignment/mission)
· Ability to formulate strategic documents for programming, engagement, and coordination involving national and international stakeholders
· Experience in and knowledge of the Syrian crisis and response is considered a strong asset
· High-level of communication skills, including ability to speak formally, negotiate, demonstrate tact and diplomacy, and advocate for child protection issues with humanitarian community and authorities.
· Experience in building capacity of teams and staff at different levels and in different contexts
· Commitment to the aims, principles and values of TDH IT
· Ability to work well in a team, under pressure and in response to changing needs
· High degree of responsibility, of taking initiatives, of having emotional stability
· The ability to prioritize a heavy workload and to delegate accordingly, and under culturally sensitive situations
· Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to the needs of the team and organization
· Strong ability to meet deadlines and excellent problem-solving skills
Read More at: https://www.daleel-madani.org/civil-society-directory/terre-des-hommes-italy/jobs/operation-managerCopyrights © 2019 Lebanon Support. All rights reserved.